Companies must use Microsoft Outlook to send and receive e-mails. Not just companies but many people use this email client because it is easy to use and its security. But sometimes Outlook gives headaches due to various types of errors. One of the most common errors in face use is [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]. In this article we will discuss what the error is and how you can fix the error so that you can continue your work with Microsoft Outlook.
[Pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] What is it and why?
As mentioned earlier, Microsoft Outlook is secure, sending and receiving your mail using SSL and TLS security encryption provided by Microsoft. To solve [Pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] you don’t need to know about SSL and TLS security encryption but understand that it is one of the most secure encryption.
When you tries to connect to mail server which doesn’t have SSL and TLS security you will receive [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] , this is not the only reason for receiving pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error in your Microsoft Outlook. We will discuss about the other reason and solutions in the “How to Solve” section. To uses the mail server in your Outlook it should have both SSL and TLS encryptions. Its always better to check all the parameters like port number, authentications, and secure connection while connecting.
How to solve [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]
Now that you understand why [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] is happening you probably have an idea of how to fix the problem. If you are not into technology but still want to solve the problem, it is very easy to follow the steps described below and you will not see the problem anymore. We will mention six different ways to solve the problem. One of them should fix it for you.
Solution 1: Check For Duplicate Account
If Microsoft Outlook is configured with a duplicate account, you may see pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error. If this is the case for you, it is quite easy to solve. If you are not sure if this is the cause of pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6, just follow the steps. No need to panic if your problem is solved at the end of this issue, probably due to a duplicate account, we have many other solutions for you.
Follow the steps to check for duplicate Account:
- Open the Control panel in your desktop and change the view by to “large category“
- Then Click on Mail
- Once you clock on mail you will see a popup screen, in that screen click on “E-Mail accounts“
- Then you will see all the email accounts configured in your Microsoft outlook. Check whether there is any duplicate account or not. If there is delete the duplicate account because that’s the main reason for causing [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]. If you didn’t see any duplicate account then still you can delete all the accounts and Add New accounts. This may solve the problem.
Now that you have checked whether there is a duplicate account or not, deleted the duplicate accounts/ all accounts and added new account. Now go back and check whether this pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error is solved or not. If the problem is still not solved continue to next solution.
Solution 2: Check for SMTP Setup
It’s better to check the SMTP Setup for Microsoft Outlook because 80% of the time [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] is caused by the misconfiguration in the SMTP. Checking for SMTP setup is pretty much easy just follow the steps mentioned below :
- Follow the steps mentioned in Solution 1 of pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 to open the “E-Mail accounts” settings where you have deleted the email account.
- Double click on the email and click on “more setting“.
- If the server you are using is using authentication Check on “My server requires authentication“.
- Then Go to Advance tab and make sure the correct port number is used. Below are the port number to be used for IMAP and SMTP.
After configuring the SMTP, close the application and restart your computer. After restarting check the Microsoft Outlook to check whether it is still showing [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] or not. If the problem is still not fixed move to next solution.
Solution 3: Use SCANPST.exe
If you have never heard of SCANPST.exe then you may be wondering what it is. Many Outlook users have complained to Microsoft about many problems [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] so Microsoft has come up with a tool that will fix the corrupted PST files which will eventually fix the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error. Learn how to use SCANPST and fix the error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 Follow the steps below.
- Open file explorer. (My Computer)
- Go to Program Files > Microsoft Office > Office18 (Depends on which version of office you are using, if you are using Office 2014 it should be like Office14)
- In the Folder search for SCANPST.exe , and open the application as administrator.
- Click on Browse and select the PST file that you want to repair and click on “Start“.
- Mark on “Make Backup” and click on Browse to select the location where you want to save the backup file. Then click on “Repair“
After repairing the damaged PST files, the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error should be fixed. If this also doesn’t solve the problem then we have to move to the general solution that will help to troubleshoot any windows problem. Hope that will solve the problem.
Solution 4: Disabling the Antivirus and Windows Defender
Sometimes antivirus and firewall rules cause problems for Windows Defender [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]. Since they may consider the outgoing email as an outgoing signal sent by a malware. If you do not use antivirus to fix the problem, you can simply disable antivirus or Windows Defender.
Antivirus is easy to disable. Open the antivirus you are using and they should have a button “Disable virus protection” or “Turn off antivirus”. Select one of the buttons and check if the pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 error is still showing.
To disable the Windows defender follow the steps below:
- Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage settings (or Virus & threat protection settings in previous versions of Windows 10).
- Switch Real-time protection to Off.
Disabling the Antivirus or windows defender has solved pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 for most of our visitors so you should give it a try.
Solution 5: Clear the Cookie and cache
In our previous articles where we share how to solve different error, we keep saying delete cookie and cache. Like that for solving [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] you can try by clearing the cookie and cache. To do so follow the steps:
- Type Control + R in keyboard to open run dialogue.
- Then type “%appdata%”
Delete all the files present in the %appdata% (suggested )or select the Microsoft Outlook folder and delete it.
Once you have deleted all of the AppData its time to delete the files from LocalAppData. To do so follow the steps.
- Type Control + R in keyboard to open run dialogue.
- Then type “%Localappdata%“
- Once you have opened the LocalAppData. Again delete all the files contained in the folder.
Once you have cleared all the Cache and Cookies go back to Microsoft and check whether the problem is solved or not.
Solution 6: Reinstall the application
We have used all the possible solutions for fixing the problem. But sadly none of them fixed the problem. So the last option left for us is reinstalling the application. After reinstalling the application add your email account in Microsoft outlook it will surely solve the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] issue. Follow the steps below to reinstall the application.
- Open the program and features from Control Panel
- Locate Microsoft Office (Microsoft is in the Office package.)
- Double Click on Office 365
- Follow the steps mentioned in the screen
- Install the application again by downloading the latest version from Microsoft Office official website
- Create new account and add to Microsoft Office
- Check whether you can still see [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] or not.
Getting [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] while submitting the assignment or project at deadline is surely frustrating but with out guide you no longer have to worry about the issue. Hope the above mentioned 6 points have solved your [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error. If you are still facing the error then comment down below with the exact steps which you followed , we will try our best to solve the error for you.